New UK cover art for Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn





Meant to post this like two weeks ago, but as is usually my wont I forgot all about it. My bad. . .

Like many, since the first links to these covers were from Amazon.com, I thought that these were the new North American covers. But after checking with the folks at Daw Books, I learned that this wasn't the case. They do plan to repackage the trilogy, but not now. And since then, Orbit confirmed that these were the new UK covers for the mass market paperback edition of Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn.

Though I found the Otherland series superior, the fact remains that Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn is a "must read" series for all fantasy fans. Be sure to check it out, if you haven't already!

The new cover art looks great, but I will always have a soft spot for the originals!

- The Dragonbone Chair (Canada, USA, Europe)

- Stone of Farewell (Canada, USA, Europe)

- To Green Angel Tower part 1 (Canada, USA, Europe)

- To Green Angel Tower part 2 (Canada, USA, Europe)

8 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely loved that series. It is one of the few fantasy series I have reread in my time. Totally recommended to one and all.

Anonymous said...

Really good covers, a definite improvement on the previous ones.

ediFanoB said...

That series is great. It's one which I definitely want to reread but this time in English. In order to do it I need to buy the books in English.

The books with the new covers will be available at amazon.de in June 2009.

I like the old and the new covers.

Brian O'Rourke said...

Hey Pat,

Love the site. I found you through P&E. Not sure how you line up your reviews and interviews, but would you be interested in taking a look at my novel, The Unearthed? It's a paranormal thriller being e-released by Lyrical Press on March 2, 2009.

If you'd prefer to answer off-line, my email address is: montecristo42@hotmail.com.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

-Brian

ShadowofGod said...

This is the most boring good series i've ever read. I skipped so much text...

Really, i don't recommend it.

Brooke Reviews said...

Those are gorgeous covers.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adore this series! It's slow, but rewarding and good escapism from the cyncism of other works (and the real world!).

Anonymous said...

Those are really fantastic. I read this a long time ago, but I'd buy those again just to set them on my shelf.