2007 BSFA Awards

The British Science Fiction Association announced the winners of its awards yesterday. For a complete list of the various categories and nominees, click on this link.

The shortlist for Best Novel was as follows:

Alice in Sunderland – Bryan Talbot
Black Man – Richard Morgan
Brasyl – Ian McDonald
The Execution Channel – Ken MacLeod
The Prefect – Alastair Reynolds
The Yiddish Policemen’s Union – Michael Chabon

I'm quite happy that Ian McDonald's Brasyl took the honors, though I would have thought that Richard Morgan's Black Man would have won the BSFA Award. If you haven't read either, you should do something about it!;-)

4 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally put out that Black Man didn't win. I read it more than once and each time got more out of it,(found deeper layers to it), whereas I've tried to read Brasyl several times and the writing style just drove me nuts.

And I thought the frog was silly.

Ed S. said...

There's no doubt that McDonald's books are a tough read but they are worth the effort. As far as awards go I think this is Brasyl's year.

Anonymous said...

Just started reading Morgans Altered Carbon, do his books keep getting better? I can't put it down! Can't wait to get this one as well.

ThRiNiDiR said...

better list than that of the Hugo's this year...I'm glad that Brasyl won too.