The Amazon.co.uk SFF sale is still going strong!

Ever since I've made the announcement last week, I have been monitoring this incredible sale they're having.

I didn't believe that those fantasy/science fiction titles could be so heavily discounted for such a prolonged period of time. But other than Joe Abercrombie's The Blade Itself, which apparently sold out (at 50% off, is it any wonder?), all those SFF novels are still on sale, which means that you can save between 40% and 50% if you buy them now!

I don't know if they're trying to get rid of some overstock, but amazon.co.uk are really trying to "encourage" people to order from them! As I mentioned last week, both Scott Lynch's The Lies of Locke Lamora and Red Seas Under Red Skies are part of that deal. The same thing goes for Abercrombie's Before They Are Hanged and Alan Campbell's Scar Night. Ditto for Erikson's Reaper's Gale, Esslemont's Night of Knives, Miéville's Un Lun Dun, and Morgan's Black Man.

By browsing around for a few minutes this evening, I noticed that Alastair Reynolds' The Prefect is 42% off. Neil Asher's Hilldiggers is 40% off. Brian Ruckley's Winterbirth, one of 2006 best debut, is 40% off. Heck, you can even pre-order Peter F. Hamilton's The Dreaming Void with 37% off.

And they have interesting discounts on older books by George R. R. Martin, etc, paperbacks included!

Here's to hoping that both amazon.com and amazon.ca will feel like doing the same!:-)

Check it out here.

6 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering if The Blade Itself sold out due to your earlier comments on the Amazon sale. This site seems to be quite popular!

Tomáš Dudáš said...

Maybe... I bought one myself :-) If only the shipping to central Europe was not sooo high

Anonymous said...

This is a really bad time to have no money, hehe

Patrick said...

Well, I don't think I'd be the sole responsible for The Blade Itself selling out! But if I helped in any way, so much the better!;-)

Just saw that David Bilsborough's The Wanderer's Tale is 48% off!

Those Brits are going nuts!!!

Ben said...

Pat,
You may also want to check out another UK store, The Book Depository (http://www.bookdepository.co.uk). This place has reasonable discounted prices and ships anywhere in the world free. I thought it was too good to be true at first, but it wasn't.

Cheers,
Ben/Eventine

Anonymous said...

Hiya Patrick, just to say ive been using amazon.co.uk for years and i'm afraid to say its not a one off sale, they always have those discounts on sf and fantasy. Such a shame huh!