Friendly NHL Hockey Pool

Hey!

Since people from all over the globe stop here every week, I was wondering if the hockey fans among you would be interested in a little hockey pool. With the NHL playoffs just around the corner, it could be fun! As a fan, I'll be in a number of pools in the coming weeks -- it's a Canadian thing! But I wanted to know if some of you would be interested in a friendly NHL hockey pool.

The rules would be simple. One round at a time, you get to choose which team would win a series. In addition, you get to foretell in how many games your team would do so. Picking the right team earns you 2 points, and getting the number of games right gets you an additional point.

For example, let's say Ottawa plays Tampa Bay. If you select the Senators to win in 6 games, you get 2 points if Ottawa wins the series. If they win it in 6 games, you get an extra point, for a total of 3 points.

There will be 8 series in the first round, which makes for a maximum of 24 points. At the end of each round, I'd compile the numbers and we'd all make our selections for the second round, and so on and so forth.

Just leave a comment if you are interested. I'm just trying to see if there is enough interest for us to do this!

Pat (Go Habs Go!)

2 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely in for that!

Sarah said...

I could do a hockey pool...